Wednesday 17 October 2012

Converge

Nikon D700 attached with f/2.8 24-70mm - 1/400; f/8; ISO 200 (cropped from the original photo)
photo by LC Miculob

The Rule of Thirds from the photo and an optical illusion, if you stare at the photo about a minute or more something is moving. See for yourself. 

Using monochrome settings in Nikon D700 is the best deal for it. First, I was testing using vivid settings and it turns out that there is no drama or stunning reaction from the viewer. It's just a plain photo with a lot of windows and men are cleaning and repairing on it. So, I clear my mind and think of a something that really fit for it.

The first that comes to my mind again is using monochrome setting instead of using black and white toning I used the cyanotype and sepia toning and adjust its sharpness, contrast and brightness. Although it turns out again that it has no stunning reactions from the photo itself, just a plain photo again.

After 20 minutes, It came forward to my mind using black and white toning before that, I ask one of my classmates in De La Salle College of Saint Benilde - School of Design and Arts, if its okay to use black and white settings, they told me that our professor didn't said any rules as long the photo will express something big towards the audience and I said, Okay, as long its creative there is a sense of it and a story behind of it.

I took a photo of it using black and white settings and it came up that I'm not on the same level of the subject, so, I manage to look for a solution after that I came up a solution using a tripod. 

There are mall guards coming and asking for shoot permits and I told them that I'm a student from De La Salle College of Saint Benilde and the other guard said, Okay, you may shoot as long as you want as long your not going to use any of this equipments and he was referring to my tripod and I said, Okay, no tripod, I'll just look for a stable place and I'll just use lens correction in Adobe Photoshop. I took 10 to 15 images of it and go home and post process it using Adobe Photoshop and pass it to my professor the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment